Organizations With A Commitment To Diversity & The Hispanic / Latino Community
Yes, we may be biased, but we believe that to be an employee at The Foundling
means to be an employee of the greatest social service agency in the world. In
addition to rewarding and meaningful work each day to empower the children and
families of New York, The Foundling offers a benefits package, internal culture,
and organizational stability that are unparalleled anywhere else. Here are a few
of the reasons why The Foundling is such a tremendous place to work:
History of Excellence
The Foundling has been operating on behalf of children for almost 144 years. Over the course of that time, we have grown to become a New York City institution, with over 1,500 employees spread throughout the area and in Puerto Rico. Becoming an employee of The Foundling means becoming a part of an organization that carries a legacy of stability and excellence for the people we serve.
The Foundling leads the way in many aspects of child welfare and social services. This allows Foundling employees to gain experience in a variety of cutting-edge and highly-respected programs, including:
* More evidence-based programs than any other child welfare agency in the city. Our professionals use the most advanced, empirical methods to get results for families, faster and with greater chances of long-term success.
* An innovative model of foster boarding home programs, which we believe will become industry-standard within New York City.
* The only prevention program serving deaf and hard-of-hearing clients throughout all 5 boroughs of New York City.
* An extensive network of individualized, home-like, residential programs serving a diverse population of adults with developmental disabilities. Our reach will soon span from Rockland and Westchester Counties, throughout the Bronx, to Queens, Staten Island, and Roosevelt Island.
Our benefits package is unrivaled by any welfare agency in the city.
* 4 weeks of paid time off
* Tuition reimbursement program - up to $4000/year
* Regular professional development, evaluations and training
* 12 paid holidays
* Significantly subsidized health insurance; dental insurance and optical discount programs
* The opportunity to apply for loan forgiveness supported by various governmental and non-governmental programs
* Wellness program offering discounted co-pays and services like Weight Watchers and New York Sports Club
Close-Knit Internal Culture
Employees at The Foundling are united by shared values and a mission to improve the quality of life for New York's neediest people. We equally value the rights and contributions of our employees through:
* Mission Integration Awards - annual awards highlighting one employee in each region who best demonstrates the spirit of The Foundling
* Service Awards - annual banquet recognizing the contributions made by employees who have served more than 10 years (and some more than 40 years!) at The Foundling
* Living the Values cards - awarded monthly throughout our programs to employees who embody our values in their everyday work
* Social Gatherings - regular, informal events and holiday parties to engender a sense of community and camaraderie
We would love for you to become a part of The Foundling team.